Hacking Your Remodeling: Taking the Easy Way Out
You’ve had enough: the small space and outdated décor have finally worn on your nerves enough to warrant a remodel. You thought that the hard part had passed, and you were wrong: endless Pinterest boards, catalogs, and paint swatches later the only thing you’re certain of is that you want a change. Whether it’s through adding a room, turning an old room into a solarium, or even just re-doing the rooms you have, change is imminent. Before you can tear any more of your hair out, let us help. Here are some of the best ideas and tools for remodeling your home out there.
If your living space is too small, or if you’re just looking for a nice change, we have the answer.
- Lower the area where your seating is placed to create a conversation pit. The effect is a simultaneous cozy yet spacious atmosphere.
- Make hanging pictures or artwork easier by installing metal panels within the walls via Magnektik.
- If you have vaulted ceilings, add a hammock-inspired faux-ceiling for an extra cozy getaway area.
- Accordion glass windows and doors create the perfect separation from your living room to your patio: simply pull the glass back when you want a larger entertainment area, and close it back when you’re finished.
For one of the most-used rooms in your home, you’ll want to go the extra mile.
- Really get the most out of your island by adding a mini-fridge or freezer, or even a built-in wine rack. The same goes for your baseboards: turn them into extra storage drawers.
- Install trash chutes that deposit your trash and recyclables directly to bins in the garage.
- Adding a pull-out cabinet will create instant extra counter-space without the hassle of a cart.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
It’s your space: it should be exactly how you want it!
- Adding an S-shaped wall curve into your bathroom shower creates a permanent chair or area to lie down. On that note, walk-in showers also eliminate those pesky glass doors that are hard to clean.
- For guest bedrooms, create a storage platform for the bed to rest on. That way, when it isn’t in use you’ll still have plenty of space for all of your extra belongings.
- Especially if you have children, turning a bedroom into a “bunk-room” with combination bunkbeds can maximize the fun (and comfortability) of sleepovers.
- A two-sided fireplace between your bedroom and bathroom can add a little warmth and a nice touch. Skylights also add a little extra something to your otherwise plain bedroom.
Outdoors and Those Awkward Spaces
You know what we’re talking about: those spaces under the stairs and outdoors that you just don’t know what to do with.
- That space under the stairs can easily be transformed into a puppy palace, a reading nook, or even storage. Your imagination is the limit!
- Instead of demolishing the patio shed you never use, turn it into something more useful: a playhouse, greenhouse, artist studio, or even a tiny guest space!
- Your deck can be even more fun by adding a built-in bar to the railing. Just pull up bar-stools and you’re all set!
Still not convinced? Don’t worry: although Pinterest may have some good ideas, places like AppCrawlr not only help you find ideas but apps that can help you get it accomplished! If you’re still running out of steam, just contact us. We’re more than happy to help you give your old house a new look!